Yesterday we finished the 3rd workshop in “Mineral resources to revival Egypt symposium” at Egyptian Syndicate of Scientific Professions (ESSP), here some notes I wrote.
- According to Egyptian geological survey, the type of data for maps of Egypt are 23% raster 37% vector 61% scanned.
- There are large amount of data in Egyptian scientific organizations, but it’s not available for everyone. There’s no democracy of data.
- Only 1.2% of total Egypt area 1 million sq. km are geologically explored!
- 3.1 million EGP is total exporting budget from mining. that’s too small!
- There’s no standard units at Egyptian Geological Survey. That’s causing a lot of problems, read some here Colors on Geology
- 26% of Egypt area available to move people from Nile valley and deltas to end population problem without large coasts.
some of my recommendations:
1- We have to change the defect of teaching geology to poetry and history students section and restrict it to scientific section in high schools.
2- We don’t want “Dubai” developing style (copy and past) we need a real raising.
I talked and submitted suggestions about How the next government should help unemployed geoscientists.